Long story short, I wrote down all the attributes that make up my ideal reader and now I'm posting it to my blog. Read on!
MY IDEAL READER
- Is AGELESS. She is a goddess/witch. She does not understand this concept of age you speak of.
- Is socially conscious and culturally aware.
- Has the strength of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the brain of Rory Gilmore, and the confidence of Tina Belcher.
- Prefers deep conversations with close friends, about the “big picture,” along with their shared goals and dreams, but can also handle small talk relating to deodorant brands, dating apps and Caro’s 80’s themed birthday bash, if she must.
- Owns a smart phone, but uses social media sparingly.
- Is slowly starting to shrug at images of impossible-to-emulate underwear models and accepting her arm flab as perfectly acceptable and absolutely normal.
- Is a femme fatale feminist.
- Is most likely a fan of Pitch Perfect and Bridesmaids, but respects those that came before. i.e. Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion, Clueless, Practical Magic and the like.
- Is ISO: a crooked tooth cutie that is emotionally mature.
- Is unsuccessfully self aware and perfectly imperfect.
- Would never use the name of Emma Watson, Beyoncé or Mindy Kaling in vain.
- Would totally be my best friend.
Is this you, friend? Are you my ideal reader? Welcome. You have found your place in a world full of macaroon pop up shops, weak eyebrow game and Justin Bieber. I just want you to know, I love you and thank you for reading my blog.